Why we collect and process your data
- To enable us to deliver your order. For example, using your address details to deliver your products, including passing them to our chosen delivery service.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. The information we store enables us to respond to you appropriately. We may also keep a record of our mutual communications to inform any future communication between us and to demonstrate how we responded. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and improving it based on this interaction.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed of Rimmon Judaica’s special offers, discounts and promotions by email and mail. Once consent is given, you are free to opt out at any time.
- As part of our legitimate business interests we gain an understanding of our customers so that we can offer excellent customer service and inform our business decisions. To do this we use purchase history to request reviews and combine the anonymised shopping history of customers to identify trends and help us develop new products and services.
We collect your personal data when
- You visit our website and use your account to buy products and services.
- You make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- You create an account on our site.
- You make a purchase by phone.
- You sign up for our newsletter.
- You interact with us on social media.
- You contact us by any means with enquiries of any kind.
- You comment on or review our products and services.
Personal data we collect
- When you place an order: your name, billing/delivery address, order details, email and telephone number (used only to resolve order issues) and password (if you create an account).
- Payment details – these are held securely by our payment provider, meaning that we do not store or have access to any card details. Where card details are provided by phone, we destroy our copy immediately after use.
- Details of your communications with us by phone and email
- Details of your visits to our website and how you reached us.
- We also collect anonymised information on general website usage showing us how people arrive at and navigate and use the website. This helps inform our marketing strategy and website design. This information is not personally identifiable.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- If you contact us via social media, your username, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How we protect your data
- We will treat your data with care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure our website using SSL technology and access to your personal data is password protected.
- Sensitive data (such as payment information) is stored secured by our payment provider who uses SSL encryption.
- We regularly update our system to maintain security.
Who we share your data with
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties such as:
- Delivery couriers.
- Marketing companies that help us manage our communications with you.
- IT companies who support our business systems.
Our approach to such third party organisations:
- We provide only the information required for their specific services.
- They may only use your data for these specific services, as described in our contract with them.
- We expect of them the highest levels of security in order to protect your privacy.
- Your personal data will be deleted or anonymised in the event we stop using their services.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
Only if you give us your consent when supplying your personal data can we share data with third parties for their purposes. In the event of data being transferred outside the EEA, this will take place with appropriate safeguards, including standard EU data protection clauses.
In certain circumstances we could be legally compelled to share your personal data with police, government or other enforcement agency in your country or elsewhere.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Control over your personal information
You can request us to:
- Provide the personal data we hold about you.
- Change incorrect or out of date information.
- Stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- Stop any use of your data based on your consent, as soon as that consent is withdrawn.
To withdraw your consent for direct marketing
- Unsubscribe from our mailing list using the link provided in all marketing emails.
- If you are an account holder, log in and change your preferences in the newsletter section of your account dashboard.
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us at: Customer Services, Elim, Tilley Lane, Hailsham, BN27 4UX.
- Be aware you may continue to receive communications for a short time while our systems are updating.
For all other questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Email us at email@example.com or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Elim, Tilley Lane, Hailsham, BN27 4UX.